The Bear and the Moon
Illustrated by Cátia Chien
The Bear and the Moon is a picture book that follows what happens when the gift of a balloon floats into Bear’s life.
The two companions embark on a journey—a magical tale that encompasses the joys of friendship and discovery.
This is a gentle book filled with humor, while tackling complex topics like the transcendence of loss and forgiveness.
- Filled with emotive text and radiant illustrations
- Simply told and profoundly felt
- Award winning author-illustrator team
The Bear and the Moon is a compassionate tale that honors the small but profound world of the very young.
This sweet book teaches social and emotional skills to kids, and offers a clever way to soothe some of our most difficult feelings: loss and guilt.
- Just as ideal for gently soothing young readers to sleep as it is for encouraging a contemplative break from an energetic day
- Great for parents, grandparents, and caregivers looking for a beautiful friendship or bedtime story
- Resonates year-round as a go-to gift for birthdays, holidays, and more
- Perfect for children ages 3 to 5 years old
- Add it to the shelf with books like Waiting by Kevin Henkes, Emily’s Balloon by Komako Sakai, and Stellaluna by Janell Cannon.